Introduction to Color in Film Preliminary Exercise Primary/Secondary

 Primary and secondary colors are used to convey emotion in films. Primary colors are typically used when a character is going through a massive change. As you can see below in my examples both characters are undergoing two different changes anger and acceptance. Primary colors in film are necessary to convey emotion. Without these colors scenes would not be able to convey the impact of the moment.

I learned a lot of things because of this exercise. I am able to tell the genre of the film because of the colors used. If a film has lots of bright colors more than likely it will focus on more simple themes. I did not work with anyone for this exercise, but I feel like that made this exercise more informative because I had to learn what every color meant in film. This exercise was a great experience and it made me appreciate colors in film more.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Composition